I was just about to post about this update… you beat me to it! :wink:

3 Likes

Update!
BUG FIX release v. 0.8.9.15

2 Likes

Uploaded, thanks @sng :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @napcok

There is a 0.8.9.16 version out; it has no changes related to linux (it is exactly the same as 0.8.9.15)…

You can update only if you want to have the same version as the one in AUR…

Sorry about that, been working on the installation scripts for Windows and macOS and it seems I fix one and break the other :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @sng
No problem I will update it later today.
Thanks for all your work on PyRadio :slight_smile:

3 Likes

PyRadio is command line internet radio player written in Python.
Fantastic program. Did not realize it existed even though I have been using Linux for 23 years

5 Likes

I am very glad you like it! :blush:

3 Likes

Hey sng! I wrote a tiny script to use PyRadio as a radio alarm clock: https://forum.maboxlinux.org/t/radio-alarm-clock-for-pyradio-with-rtcwake-command-bash-script/883

I wanted to say I really love your program. It’s my everyday companion since I started on MaBox and I use it now on my Lubuntu machine as well. So thank you!. Keep up the excellent work!

4 Likes

Finally tried this out today. Is cool.

Is there a way to copy a radio station from the Radio Browser screen to the playlist? I may just need more sleep, but at the moment the command options are too arcane for my old, habituated short-term memory to keep in order from one pane to the next.

I did vote for Ambient Sleeping Pill though, and will happily do so every time it will let me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When you’re in the stations browser select the station you want to copy, press ‘y’ and ‘enter’ :arrow_right: copies entry into register. Then go back to your stations list, move to the line under which you want to add the new entry, press ‘p’ (paste) and ‘s’ to save the playlist.
Hope that helps…

5 Likes

By the way @sng, is there an official way to submit proposals for new radio stations for the browser?

2 Likes

@Faehnchen you can submit new station on website → radio-browser.info

Stationlist in Mabox can be also edited from “Sound/radio menu” - right click on sound volume icon in tint2 panel.

6 Likes

Ah ok, thanks! I didn’t know it’s drawn from a web service :smile:. Thought it was hard coded. Then my question is obsolete. Looked it up and turned out that the station is already registered in their vast database. However by testing in Pyradio I couldn’t use the search function in the browser. Is this an issue with lacking mouse support in Terminator? I run pyradio always from the command line and I didn’t bother to use Sakura, because so far I had no functionality issues running Pyradio in Terminator .

2 Likes

Hi @Faehnchen
What do you mean?
Pressing s does not bring up the search window?

2 Likes

It does, but I can’t enter anything in the ‘Search’ field. I’m only able to navigate in this window with tab and arrow keys. Or did I miss something?

1 Like

Navigate here
Mabox_2022-04-14-18-41-1649950869
and press space
You will get this:
Mabox_2022-04-14-18-41-1649950890

Now you have 6 search fields (Name, Tag, Country, State, Language and Codec); navigate with tab and arrows

Then, using down arrow get here
Mabox_2022-04-14-18-41-1649950908

and type a station name (or part of it) to search for

3 Likes

Nice, that works, thank you very much. Didn’t figure that out. I didn’t read the manual and it was not described in ‘?’ or somewhere else.

Oh, and because you’re already here, do you know a method to pipe the info of the currently played music/feature provided by the connected station to a log file? I assume it is obtained in Pyradio from the mpv-stream, but I couldn’t find out how to extract the stream info of a currently playing station.
However, I think it would be a nice feature to have in Pyradio, as I have to run to my machine every 15 minutes to make a note.

2 Likes