What web browser should be installed in Mabox by default?

What web browser should be installed in Mabox by default?

• Firefox
  • Chromium
  • Other

0 voters

2 Likes

Maybe itā€™s possible to give people a change to tell you wht browser when they vote for other?

Mine is the full fletched google-chrome (or vivaldi)

1 Like

why should it be something else than what comes by default with all(most?)linux distros,which is Firefox.
maybe put in Calamares a check box for people to choose from.

2 Likes

Just askingā€¦
Probably a waste of time to change the default web browser shipped with Mabox, because installing the userā€™s favorite and setting it as default takes about 2 minutes;)

1 Like

Iā€™m just a bit concerned with the latest discussion in the Manjaro forum about Cinnamon shipping by default the proprietary browser Vivaldi and Ubuntu making snap the default installation of Firefox.
i donā€™t want it to become a trend.
(besides the fact that i use FF since the beginning and make use of the Arkenfox user.js)

hereā€™s an important comment that explains it better than me:

2 Likes

Battle of browsers Iā€™m here :nerd_face:
I have used Falkon so much but itā€™s blocked on many sites or lacking features :frowning:

1 Like

Firefox. And anyway Mabox offers a choice of browsers in the ā€œinstall popular applicationsā€ menu. So i think itā€™s good to stay with what exists now and continue with Firefox.

3 Likes

Look up for the differences. I invite you to find what visual differences you can see as far as look & appearance deals with traditional Firefox 98 version & Waterfox-g4 (a 6-7 year-old Firefox fork from aur) ā€¦ In relation to FF extensions & addons or DRM feature to watch private streaming services both have them included, the same with Mozilla synchronizing accounts. According to Htop one is heavier nearly 100MB and rendering video streaming one is faster; if security matters one seems to be more efficient as well.

1 Like

Totally agree itā€™s good to stay with what exists now and continue with Firefox.

3 Likes