Usługa powiadomień

Chciałem zobaczyć jak wygląda wstawiony przez @ben_chile skrypt do powiadomień mpv. Okazuje się, że coś nie działa jak należy. Mimo, że na liście autostartu mam zaznaczoną usługę powiadomień to nie jest ona aktywna. Poniżej zrzut ekranu:

Jeśli jednak uruchomię ją ręcznie to wszystko działa. Ponownie zrzut z uruchomioną usługą ręcznie:

Co muszę zrobić aby to działało prawidłowo?

EDIT:
Już wiem, dopisałem to do ~/.config/openbox i działa :slight_smile:
Wydaje mi się, że zwyczajnie brakowało tego wpisu mimo, żejest opcja do zaznaczenia.

1 Like

To są dwie alternatywne metody dodawania programów/usług do autostartu.
Domyślnie w Maboxie ta usługa jest uruchomiona, metodą „GUI".

Można sprawdzić, czy usługa jest uruchomiona, przeglądając listę procesów, np.

ps aux | grep notifyd

Moźna też sprawdzić wysyłając jakiekolwiek powiadomienie „z palca”, np.

notify-send.sh "Test" "Działania powiadomień"

Hello Wiini,

Glad that you try adding some extra ricing with mpv notification . Sorry I don´t speak/read Polish but Google translator helped me I guess.
It’s not necessary modify your autostart openbox settings…at least it is not that way in my autostart file… so please try taking it out this line or just uncomment it /usr/lib/xfce4-notify Because this xfce4-notifyd is set as enabled in Mabox by default. so you can check it visually just go to mainmenu>settings>autostart>choose edit graphic autostart apps/services so if you click and check here you will find xfce4-notifyd service set as enabled as in the pic:

Then you just need if you have dependencies as installed ( they all come as installed by default in Mabox but maybe you uninstall some time) : Mpv, Lua, ffmpeg, libnotify, Imagemagick and ffmpeg-thumbnailers as optional one.
Then check in ~/home/mabox/.config/mpv/config if you have that line added in the mpv config file [notify.lua] and save the changes This is so that mpv player automatically checks scripts folder and charges the notify.lua deposited in that folder.

Then restart mabox and check playing any media file or pyradio if mpv notifications got as a enabled for your system
I hope this can help you. Cheers

Chyba jednak coś nie działa. Usunąłem wpis w ~/.config/openbox włączyłem w ustawieniach „GUI”, zresetowałem laptopa i nie działa.

jeśli uruchomię ręcznie to działa.

Być może znajdujący się na liście oraz zaznaczony do autostaru jakiś plugin powiadomień dla GNOME przeszkadza.
Odznaczyłbym go, bo uruchamiane dwa programy do powiadomień to raczej kiepski pomysł.

I will give it a test in a the latest mabox iso in qemu virtualbox in some minutes, so as to check up and will let you know. I will just add the lua script…check the dependencies, add scripts folder in /home/.config/mpv/ and then paste this lua.notify in there … I will let you know the sooner.

Odznaczony, ponowne uruchomienie i niestety wciąż to samo.

Ciężko z zewnątrz stwierdzić co jest nie tak, ale skoro działa po dodaniu do pliku autostart Openboxa to użyj tej metody :slight_smile:

Thank you for your interest. I did all this and it works if I start the notification service manually. As I wrote in the first post I have everything checked correctly, but the notifications do not work with the original settings. Now perhaps with the help of @napcok it can be solved.

Oh my bad, well in the forum I posted you need to add 177 lines of notify.lua script…wrong…you actually need to add just 171 lines pasted and copied to your notify.lua script for /home/mabox/.config/mpv/scripts/ notify.lua Check this out please… sorry I will correct my post in the forum right now.

:slight_smile: zatem tak właśnie zrobiłem i działa.

2 Likes

Well I was wrong my previous post the notify lua script was right containing 177 lines needed to make notifications and I just tested it in Qemu virtualbox on a new Mabox ISO. I didn’t add nothing extra or tweaked openbox autostart. I just copied from mabox forum post my 177 lines in the code section , and created a new file to paste the code then I opened PCManFM and went to create a new folder as scripts in: /home/mabox/.config /mpv/xxxxx then opened this new folder and right clicked to create a file to paste the code of notify.lua & save it. After that I went back & tweaked mpv.conf file, I opened it with Geany and added that extra line saying : [notify.lua] saved the changes . Closed all folders opened & restarted Mabox finally I opened a terminal and typed Pyradio…and I could see notifications coming up as in the picture below : so it working good to me.

Good news you could solve it!!

By the way, you have a very nice X-files wallpaper :heart_eyes:, wiini.

After all this incommunication forum lol…I concluded that I need to take Polish lessons the soonest. :grin: Have a nice time and all the best for tomorrow’s game in Qatar…

First lesson of Polish language - Dziękuję. :wink:

1 Like