Tint2 - mini HW monitor in systray

New addition to tint2 panel is mini HW monitor in systray. Disabled by default. You can enable it from Settings Menu win+sTint2 panels

There are 5 monitors: CPU, Ram, Swap, Network and Disk IO - all can be enabled/disabled from menu.

Left click action on monitor will run Lxtask.

7 Likes

This is great! Very useful! Thank you for the this new feature!

3 Likes

Could someone kindly show me where does Mabox persist the config change for HW monitor?

I used this nice GUI to configure all tint2 to the way I like. Now I am building Ansible to automate these changes for other computers.

I found all the config changes for tint2 gets persisted into the ~/.config/tint2/xyz.tint2rc except mini HW monitor change.

thank you in advance.
Cheers!

1 Like

This is script called phwmon.py. It’s part of mabox-tools.

1 Like

Phwmon.py is just single file script and does not store its settings anywhere. In Mabox it is “encapsulated” with bash scripts.
The state of every single “monitor” is written to ~/.config/mabox/mabox.conf

3 Likes

napcok,
Thank you very much for quick response. phwmon_monitor is the property holds the boolean value.

1 Like
napcok@mabox ~ $ grep phwmon ~/.config/mabox/mabox.conf
phwmon_monitor=true
phwmon_cpu=true
phwmon_mem=true
phwmon_swap=false
phwmon_net=true
phwmon_io=false

:wink:

3 Likes

thank you so much for this, it’s a very useful feature :sparkles:

is there any way to customize it with different colors?

2 Likes

Hi @taito,
Very good idea :slight_smile: At the moment it is not so easy - probably best way could be by copying script to `~/bin/’ and by editing it there.

cp /usr/bin/phwmon.py ~/bin/

But I will try to add easy way to select colors for monitors to “tint2 dynamic menu” in comming days.

4 Likes

@taito
You can now (after today small update and logout) change colors in ~/.config/mabox/mabox.conf

I use ColorMenu for that :wink:

I’m working to make this configurable from tint2 dynamic menu but not ready yet.

7 Likes

Nice! :smile:

Question, I see an --io_scale parameter in phwmon.py defaulting to 100MB/s; how can we pass a custom value at run-time? My disk I/O has only ever peaked at about 20% of the panel size (old SATA platter drive = hardware throughput of ~20MB/s.) Users with 500MB/s SSD’s may also want to tweak this.

Phwmon is managed by mabox-obstart script, so best way to customize it would be to copy it to ~/bin

cp /usr/bin/mabox-obstart ~/bin/

and edit there to your needs… (phwmon.py is in line 77)
Something like adding:

--io_scale=40

should do the trick.

1 Like