Skippy-xd-fix stopped working?

I use W-Tab frequently to change my windows.

Several days ago I noted it stopped working all of a sudden. Running skippy-xd-fix in the console does nothing (no errors either) but skippy-xd seems to work fine. I restored my rc.xml just in case to no avail, meaning the problem lies in the script.

Anyone else? :thinking:

As far as I know is skippy-xd-fix old and not needed anymore.

Try the regular skippy-xd command.

Can you show

skippy-xd --version

I don’t use the fix version.

For your interest…

Be aware that the latest skippies the RC file has added new sections.

/etc/xdg/skippy-xd.rc

I am running the latest from Github, don’t know the status of the latest mabox repo release.

If you like to try the latest from GitHub.
Use meld to compare the RC file with the latest changes.

git clone https://github.com/felixfung/skippy-xd.git
cd skippy-xd
meson setup build --prefix=/usr
meson compile -C build
meson install -C build

There is also an AppImage.

Here is:

skippy-xd --help
skippy-xd v0.10.7.1 (2026.6.24) - 'Bruh' Edition

I never touched that part in my rc.xml :joy:. If skippy-xd-fix was superseded just let me know. In the meantime, replacing it with skippy-xd did the trick and is working again.

Regards.

Sorry I mean the skippy-xd.rc file… :see_no_evil_monkey: Not the hotkey’s rc.xml.

But I dont think this release has much config .rc changes.

I am helping skippy-xd with some debugging and more. So that why I also suggested the git install. But your are fine.

The latest release is interesting for 2 monitors. And much more changes.

Good it works. :wink: