Show your desktop - May 2022

Conky madness :wink:

5 Likes

Amazing Conky development… I love that Mabox colorizer menu tool, 10 out of 10!

2 Likes

Marathon… of writing something in 10 minutes (by enthusiasm)… then fixing it by next couple of hours :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:sweat_smile: :smile: :smile: sounds having big fun anyway :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

That tiling conky looks quite useful and nice as well.

3 Likes

Yes, I hope it will help users to discover real power of terminator (or even better quake-terminal wrapper)

2 Likes

No scripting today, just a little GIMPing :wink:

2 Likes

Panels session 1 with paper themes and new dark mabox gtk, dedicated to our dear artist contributor @Aleksandar_tattoo ( I got inspired because of your amazing wallpaper, thanks or grazie mille)

Thanks to Sam Hewitt Paper developer
Thanks to JU14664 Simply Circles Themes for Openbox & @RodrigoChile from Manjaro Espanol Telegram channel.

5 Likes

Early version of Colorizer will be publicly available soon :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hahahahahahahaha grazie a te :grin:
P.s. I’m working on some new ideas :wink:

2 Likes

Not very exciting but…

Room shortage on my laptop screen (1366x768) triggered me to add the (already there) dock panel. Moved weather and systray to it. Need yet to remove the launcher and replicate the app buttons from top panel…

5 Likes

Weather info looks great on that dock. Congrats you’ve done an amazing job! :smiley:

4 Likes

Doing a little bit of heresy :underage:

Don’t want to configure this unuserfriendly ugly bar tho

4 Likes

4 Likes

Did you mount fortune-like-app on this conky or you search for new quote every screenshot?

No fortune, this is a simple Conky which is executing script fetching quotes from some online API. Every 30 minutes IIRC.

Very, very basic at the moment, but I will improve it after I manage to release Mabox Istredd…

#!/bin/bash
DIR="$HOME/.config/quoter"
mkdir -p "$DIR"

export Q=$(curl -s "http://api.forismatic.com/api/1.0/?method=getQuote&format=json&lang=en" | sed 's|\\||g' )
QUOTE=$(echo $Q | jq .quoteText)
AUTOR=$(echo $Q | jq .quoteAuthor | tr -d '"')
echo "${QUOTE}|${AUTOR}" >> "${DIR}"/forismatic.txt

printf "\${font Droid Sans:size=18}\${color}"
echo ${QUOTE} | fmt -80
printf "\${font Droid Sans:size=12}\${alignr}\${color0}"
echo "— ${AUTOR}"

You can start this Conky from Colorizer… it is named Quoter.

3 Likes

Experimental right dock and bottom taskbar (including volume control/pyradio/cava visualizer on the left & camera icon tool script with screencapture double tool using left/right click) with Spanish conky from new Mabox tool “Colorizer”

5 Likes

Please set your playing in 720 or higher

4 Likes

Sorry again for my absence and here is why.
Yes I finally done here is my desktop after 2 months of projecting, measuring,geatering and cutting… :smiley:
90% are reused and recycled materials so all project (table tops and aluminum stands, cable and lights where about 50 euro )
All that stuff was reclaimed or scrap both on weight price (like aluminum and other frames ) or for free (like much of the book shelves wood) other stuff I was having laying around ( yes like orange light was from tractor ).
Enjoy the video
https://youtu.be/0LLemGqXUXs

https://youtu.be/lhxF28Ca6yI

So much time was wasted sice I was making and crafting this crazy fortress alone and many parts broke down or where nothing fitting that’s the big problem when you are reusing recycled or junk parts.
Hope you find it inspiring :blush:

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Show your desktop - August 2022