Show your desktop - April 2022

New user - just switched over from Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. I’m really enjoying Mabox so far.

Wallpaper is a screenshot from EVE Online.

5 Likes

With neofetch:

7 Likes

From one of my favs, Miyazaki’s Totoro animated movie scene from hipwallpaper

7 Likes

11 Likes

Good that it’s a screenshot and you can’t see flickering of MPD conky

9 Likes

Sorry for the delay , my Mabox out of the box ,
default desktop for my old laptop .

7 Likes

I doesn’t change anything, as everything works perfectly.

8 Likes

I just started working on something that maybe someday in the future will become a great and special feature of Mabox :wink:

8 Likes

Week later… same project… big progress… still not ready for publish.

I’m sure some of you will have a lot of fun with this tool, when published - I’m really excited while writing and testing it :wink:

Stay tuned :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Finally I could bring myself to submit my desktop. In the end I didn’t change all too much, just played a little with the tint2 panel and deaktivated the titlebars of some apps in my OB-rc. But today I have such a nice terminal setup because I tested a script for PyRadio I wrote yesterday so I thought I could do some additional screenshots.

The indispensble Ghost-In-The-Shell- / Neotokyo-background… But hey, at least no anime waifu!

Pimped up my Openbox-rc a little bit with ‘figlet’ for the looks. I protect it like my eyeball because I use it for some years already on my other LXQt-desktops and it has every functinality I need.
Displayed in Terminator with ‘bat’

PCManFm-Qt, which is a more up to date fork of LXDE’s PCManFm and Featherpad are among some of the LXQt-apps I use under MaBox aswell. They are lightweigh and have low dependencies so they work on most desktop environments perfectly. Also not overloaded with functions and options but very well balanced.

My Terminator-setup from today for testing stuff. I wrote a bash script yesterday to log info from the radio stations in PyRadio manually until a feature for this is implemented by the creator in the program itself. But I think it could be adapted for multiple purposes. If you’re interested, check it out! it’s here:

Wish everyone here a nice, relaxing week-end. Really chill and wonderful community here! One of the few cozy places in the internet :dizzy:.

8 Likes