Problem resolved conflicting packages jre-openjdk and jre-openjdk-headless

I would like share that problem was i got it,conflict between jre-openjdk and jre-openjdk-headless and nothing help it happend to update Mabox until find solution in other forum.

sudo pacman -Sy jdk-openjdk

Hello @Jaroms, and welcome to the forum.

Mabox is based on Manjaro (stable branch). Therefore, it is always worth reading announcements about updates to the Manjaro stable branch.
They always linked in our forum category → Manjaro Stable Updates - Mabox Linux Forum.

Manjaro stable announcements (direct link) → Stable Updates - Manjaro Linux Forum

1 Like

Thx napcok for respond.

Just this morning I went to Add/Remove Software, searched for jdk, and selected installed to show only what was installed. There was more than one JDK installed, so I selected the old JDK and removed that. This corrected the upgrade errors. Perhaps similar will work for you also; good luck.

Just to mention that I’m having the same issue, but neither solutions above work for me. Some of my apps depend on jre, and some on jdk. I’ll search further how to resolve this and report back here in case of success.

So I only had to click the link @napcok posted to find the solution:

sudo pacman -R -dd jre-openjdk
sudo pacman -R -dd jre-openjdk-headless
sudo pacman -Syu jdk-openjdk

fixed it for me. (although I still have to check if the apps that depended on jre are still working)

1 Like