Minimum/Recommended Specs?

Minimum/Recommended Specs?

2 Likes

Hi @rulloa
Since Mabox is based on Manjaro, the developers of Manjaro list the following hardware specifications as the recommended system requirements to run their distro:

• 1 GB memory
  • 30 GB hard drive space
  • 1 GHz or better CPU
  • High definition graphics card and monitor
  • Broadband internet connection

Mabox uses Openbox WM and lightweight apps, which makes it minimal and fast. It only takes ~300Mb of memory.

1 Like

it’s around 5.5-6 GB on the HD.

oh that’s pretty light. i have an old pc and wasn’t sure if it would run. this is perfect. thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome to our Forum! :smiley: I had (6 months ago )Mabox on my old pentium core duo (I try it on 1core pentium on the same configuration and was running ), 512mb of graphics and 2 gb of ram ( ddr2)
Yes it can run it without any issues at all… Manjaro …no… I didn’t passed the installation screen ,yeah I think this was the oldest PC on my hand for now, I got some others but this one is the oldest still running.
What are your specs ?

1 Like

amd turion 1.9ghz,
384mb graphics
1gb ram

2 Likes

I can understand that your machine is a notebook type ( if I correctly remember where that processor was used ) but your main issue is not linux os …will be the modern browsers… maybe badwolf or something else simpler or smaller, because of the low ram ( if you can put another 1gb of ram on that but if it’s notebook I’m not sure that you can) but still will be a struggle. This summer I bought on auction online nearly new AMD Phenom II complete configuration ( 4gb ram and 1gb graphics ) for 8 euro… But if the idea was saving old gear and finding a new purpose I’m for that! When Amd phenom arrived I made my old pentium a small retro PC case and put on it batocera.os added the ROM collection whit Dos, Famicom, Nes and Sega games… it’s a blast if you are in to that kind of nostalgia :grin:

1 Like

When welding and painting was finished

I lost other photos of making it now only difference are clear panel and yellow led lights and fans ,but I removed them since I made some big changes whit Thermo regulators and fans, this I will do on another two cases
I made several PC cases another 3 or 2 are at my house :smiley:

6 Likes