mbxcolors is a menu to pick, paste and organize colors (palettes).
Click color to paste it’s code in place of cursor.
- pick color from screen (color preview is available in bottom left corner of screen)
- 2 actions
– paste - (default) type color code in place of cursor
– copy - copy color code to clipboard
- 3 formats: hexadecimal (default), RGB and RGBa
- create color palettes from picked colors
- 2 example palettes available by default
- HTML colors
- type to search - usefull for searching HTML colors by name
Installation (from Mabox repo)
yay -S mbxcolors
This utility is intended to run from keyboard shortcut or panel button.
Configure keyboard shortcut by using obkey or editing
Here we configure super + c to run mbxcolors and change Compton toggle to super + p . It will be configured like that in upcoming Mabox ISO release.
<keybind key="W-c"> <action name="Execute"> <command>mbxcolors</command> </action> </keybind> <keybind key="W-p"> <action name="Execute"> <command>compton_toggle</command> </action> </keybind>
(optional) Add button to tint2 panel:
This utility is not Openbox nor Mabox specific, so you can install and test it in any Arch based distro and X11 based WM or DE. I tested it briefly with XFCE and LXDE.
Package is currently available in Mabox repo
This is early version and any feedback welcome