Mabox User Guide

If you have just installed Mabox, the best place to get to know the system is the Mabox Linux User Guide.

It is still work in progress, but I will try to add any important informations there.

5 Likes

Dear @napcok,

I think it will help others if we merge both your guide and the one Ben did (the manual). I can help you with that if you point me out where and how.

Both docs have have interesting and useful things to know.

I think these are two separate things:
User guide → Mabox Linux User Guide | MaboxLinux is a short introduction focusing on the most important things to start using Mabox.
If anyone wants to know more, the Manual (Mabox Linux Manual and its Spanish translation contributed by @ben_chile → Mabox Linux Manual) gives more information.

I think it makes sense… short user guide to start and manual - if you want to know more.

If you would like to add or change something in the manual, you can do it → GitHub - Mabox-Linux/mabox-docs: Mabox Linux manual https://manual.maboxlinux.org/

So, do you agree on the merging or not?

Even though they are different, they might be united and then, accessed through the Right CTRL Menu

I find myself looking into both of them

I can agree, but … who will do the work?

Mabox is just a hobby project… created in my free time - after hours… although there are for sure enough tasks for full-time job :wink:
My priorities by importance:

1. Maintenance (bugfixes, updates, packaging, servers, website, forum, repo, ISO images)
  2. Development
  3. Documentation

In 2023:

• I’m keep doing great with maintenance,
  • it’s hard for me to find the right amount of time for development,
  • I don’t have time to even think about documentation :frowning:

I realize that Mabox’s documentation could be improved… but unfortunately, I don’t manage to find time for everything.

I think the separate User guide (short) and manual (more detailed) we currently have are fine.

I told you on second message here that I want to help. I can do it. It’s my way to thank you for you great job.

That’s why I asked for guidelines and agreement.

I know you are busy with other Maboxian things :wink:

Just tell me if you still think it’s better to keep them separate or do I merge them. I can help with other things.

User Guide is short and has everything important to get started quickly.
Manual is bigger and contains more details – good for users which need to know more.

Yes, I still think it is better to keep them separate.

I have a long list of fixes to do and an even longer list of improvements to come. I won’t have time to deal with documentation in the foreseeable future.

Ok. Issue closed.