Mabox Linux 20.09 – September ISO refresh

September refreshed ISO images are ready to download. A little bit more info here.

9 Likes

do the changes in this ISO (like the Mate power manager)apply automatically with Pamac updates,or do i have to run mb-reset or something?
i haven’t had the opportunity to go through the new Manual yet.

1 Like

Hi @eman
Please look here…

2 Likes

[quote="[Stable Update] 2021-09-04 - Kernels, Wine, Deepin, KDE Gear, Maui-Kit, Plasma, post:3, topic:606"]
yay -R xfce4-power-manager
[/quote]

Hi, the remove line imho should read: yay -Rcsn xfce4-power-manager, without the csn the remove command will complain about breaking dependencies.

Regards,

BootZ

1 Like

Thanks, post updated.
Looks like:

yay -Rc xfce4-power-manager

is enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

it might be on my side,but i just installed the new ISO and noticed that in the menus,in the area where you can type to search,it is static;
i recall there being a blinking line which was useful to give an indication that i can type etc.

1 Like

I can search. I installed a fresh 21.09 ISO. I don’t recall if there was a blinking cursor, but when I start typing, it works. Just to confirm to you.

2 Likes

Nothing has changed. The search works the same as before.

i might have been imagining things .

i have another question if i may;
in the Mabox control-center/select items to auto-start, i have 2 ‘update notifier’ check-boxes.
which one should i remove if i don’t want Pamac to check for updates after booting up the machine,but every 6 hours,like it’s by default?

1 Like

Hi @eman,
Thanks for pointing me to this doubled Update notifier thing. It is fixed now with mabox-tools-20210917 :slight_smile:
AFAIK update notifier is just system tray applet to inform you about available updates, it does not affect checking for updates by Pamac service. Pamac uses systemd timer to periodically check for updates, mayby it just happend to run it right after boot for you.

Personally, I don’t use this applet at all, I have a strong habit of typing frequently …

yay

which effectively checks all available updates - those from repositories and also from AUR.

3 Likes

for some reason every time i log in,i can see some intense network activity through the blinking light of the router and then i get an update notification.
in my regular Manjaro install, it usually waits 6 hours and rarely less,but not immediately after login.
so i guess I’ll disable this applet.

1 Like

Thats strange…
You may check system logs

cat /var/log/pacman.log

Or install nethogs and see which process cause the traffic.

yay -S nethogs

Run it as root from terminal while this happend.

sudo su -
nethogs
2 Likes

Hi,

Anyone has KEY update issues on mabox latest? It tells me soemthing went wrong in updates after fresh install and it says that there are issues with unknown keys? Is it manjaro related (installes other arch based distro, not manjaro, and that updated fine, even on older iso date).

there was an issue with the maintainers keys in Manjaro.
if you didn’t have any issue updating, but at the end of the update process got a warning in Pamac, then it’s fine.
you can read more in the update announcement:

Thanks for this clear answer!

1 Like

Hello @bootz,
I allow myself clarify this: for the updates to successful, the download mirrors must be refreshed :wink:

Hi @Guillaume, you ment pacman -Sy ? I always do that (pamac gui does this also). Or did you mean something else?

Yes, we are the possibily to use sudo pacman -Syuu and sure we can also update Pacman. I prefer the second method.

i think it should be sudo pacman -Syyu,
-syuu and -Syyuu is to allow packages to be downgraded. Downgrading should be only be needed when switching to an older branch. For example, switching from Testing to Stable.

1 Like

Sorry, I made a fault. Thanks for this information @eman !

1 Like