Hello Mabox

Hi. I found Mabox listed on the Distrowatch waiting list, and after reading through the Mabox home page, I decided to give it a try. I Like it alot!

I have some questions that I will be posting in the appropriate forum threads.

It runs great on my laptop. I hope this distro will be around for a long time. :grinning:

LS

2 Likes

Hi LiquidSky,

Thanks for starting this topic as I was about to make a similar one. Honestly I found out about Mabox while doing the dishes lol. I needed to wash up and while I was doing that I wanted some background noise so I turned on Youtube and an OldTechBloke video game up comparing this distro with a Manjaro Openbox community edition. I was very impressed with Mabox and decided to give it a whirl in a VM. Iā€™m still using it after a couple of days and considering making it my daily driver. I am not sure if Iā€™ll do that though as my Ubuntu 20.04 installation is working just fine so Iā€™m hesitant to fix what ainā€™t broke. Still, I enjoy using Openbox and the Mabox implementation is one of the best I have seen so I think Iā€™ll continue using the VM and keep Mabox top of mind in case my Ubuntu installation becomes problematic.

Take care folks.

2 Likes

Hi gatton. Iā€™m not a fan of VM, so I added Mabox as the third OS on my laptop. It lives with Xubuntu 16.04 and Xubuntu 18.04. (Iā€™ll try Xubuntu 20.04 after they release 20.04.1)

I agree with the ā€œbackground noiseā€ requirement, especially now days where staying home is a good safety strategy. My poor old laptop doesnā€™t have enough guts to play videos, but Iā€™ve got a lot of music and audiobooks to help break the silence.

Cheers. LS

Hi LiquidSky,
I used to be an inveterate ā€œdistro hopperā€. So I find that virtualbox helps to curb that instinct as I can indulge in playing with other distros and seeing if the grass really is greener so to speak. So far I am really impressed with how well Mabox is running in a VM on my decidedly so-so machine. Iā€™ve given it 4gigs of ram and 4 CPU cores and it is running fantastically. No complaints whatsoever.

ja używam maboxa od tygodnia i zostawiłem go jako jedyny system w lapku i ładnie śmiga na 4gb ram i procku intela i5 540m

1 Like

Welcome aboard, nice to meet youā€¦ I am also suggesting Mabox distribution to Spanish laptop users in Europe and Latin Americaā€¦