Gnome workflow in mabox

I like using Gnome because it keeps me focused on the task at hand. How can I achieve something similar in mabox?

I think mabox is in my opinion one of the top distros out there. It’s amazing! I have always loved openbox but I think what sets mabox apart are the features and custom mabox applications and it’s still speedy. As long as mabox never gets bloated, I will continue to use it.

Excellent job!! I’m very happy!!! :grinning::+1:

3 Likes

I tried creating 2 tint2 panels: one called minimal.tint2rc (just for the taskbar item) and a second one called gnomekindda.dock.tint2rc ( which I extracted taskbar area and left 2 separation areas as a space at the bottom) Then I reconfigured the autostart with my latest tint2-session added ( this can also be done within Openbox config file with much care of not messing it up) and got this kindda gnome panel session flow… as a funny experiment.

Peek 29-03-2022 17-11

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to do this!!! Much appreciated!!! :grinning::+1:

1 Like

It has been big fun, like many small projects in mabox. You see how customizable this development can be, and you can add extra software to get many more specific details, just have to google around and look for other previous experiences using openbox and manjaro arch linux stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/idTxVNj.png

2 Likes