Getting 404 on repo.maboxlinux.org

Not sure what I did wrong this time. When attempting an update, any package that comes from repo.maboxlinux.org is throwing a 404 error on my laptop. This does not allow me to update at all. I can ping that address, so I know the repo is not actually down. I am also. not getting this error on my VirtualBox build on my desktop.

I also get the error in the GUI package manager, though a bit less verbose. :smirk:

I was able to manually download the packages and install them from my local drive. This allowed me to complete the system update.

I am thinking I messed up something in the pacman configuration files or the mirror list.

What files are responsible? I’d like to replace them with known good files from my desktop and get this working again.

Thanks
[/dave]

1 Like

Can you paste error message?
Any chance you modified /etc/pacman.conf ?

1 Like

Can you paste error message?

Any chance you modified /etc/pacman.conf ?

Oh, yeah. Really good chance, considering all the trouble I had with the GPGME errors. I fiddled with all sorts of stuff.

This is why I want need to know which files are responsible so I can put known good files from my desktop in place and just start over. I do not want to have to reinstall everything on the laptop.

Yes I know I should have made backups and/or commented my changes so I could just change it back easily.

1 Like

The file is… /etc/pacman.conf

1 Like

I think that worked. I made a copy of the unedited file to have for reference and rescue if this happens again.

I am still a bit Arch-illiterate, my three Linux servers all run Debian and I have been doing things the Debian Way for almost 20 years, At my age, I am stuck in my ways. I’m trying to learn new things. And I love the way your Mabox does an Openbox desktop. It’s elegant as hell and I have found nothing in the Debian world that comes close. It’s worth a little discomfort under the hood.

Thanks for the assist.
[/dave]

1 Like

It says the problem is fixed but I don’t see the solution, did you recover /etc/pacman.conf, how did you recover it?
Success.

Indeed, I marked the solution same day. @napcok suggested recovering /etc/pacman.conf which I did.

Hi @davefl67 Ok, I understand that, maybe I expressed myself wrong.
How to recover pacman.conf? That’s actually my question.