Editing the Fstab file

Both of my Mabox installations are currently unusable due to my having installed them on btrfs (the first) and jfs (the second) file systems.

Maybe I can fix the first by editing the fstab file (the error message says wrong file format) but I am not that knowledgeable about how to do that.

And I had backed up the system using archsysback and if anyone here knows how to use that to regenerate my backup to another partition (ext4, this time) that would be helpful.

1 Like

Maybe you can share here the content of your fstab file, and also the output of the “mount” command ?

For “archsysback” i do not know this program (i use Timeshift on Btrfs for this purpose)…

1 Like

The error message I get when I attempt to mount the mabox partition is:

Failed to mount, error mounting, wrong fs tyoem, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda13, missing code page or helper program or other error

I think I should reformat the partition and install the backup I did using archsystemback which generated a timeshift directory which i copied to another disk drive - but don’t see it at the moment.

Maybe I should just reinstall to a ext4 or btrfs partition and do another backup

1 Like