Clipit not started automatically

Reported by @shenique on Manjaro official forum → https://forum.manjaro.org/t/mabox-linux-20-02-released/128295/10?u=napcok

Fix:
Remove or comment out line from ~/.config/autostart/clipit.desktop

OnlyShowIn=GNOME;XFCE;LXDE;Unity;
1 Like

I have the same problem : clipit doesn’t start automatically. And there is no “OnlyShowIn=GNOME;XFCE;LXDE;Unity;” in my ~/.config/autostart/clipit.desktop …
:thinking:

1 Like

By default ClipIt is not configured to start automatically in Mabox.

Did you enabled it?

1 Like

No. Poor me :upside_down_face:
I didn’t enabled it in the Autostart Editor. As other apps autostart automatically (in systray) after install (protonmail-bridge and Tresorit drive), i thought that it was the same with clipit.
Thank you !

1 Like

It is more accurate (and more certain) to edit the autostart file. Menu - settings - Autostart - File edition (advanced). But it’s worth doing slowly and carefully. Many of the “Autostart” settings are hidden. (eng)
However, commands to make hidden programs visible - unfortunately I will not pass it, because it can cause problems in the system. (eng)

Il est plus précis (et plus sûr) de modifier le fichier de démarrage automatique. Menu - paramètres - Démarrage automatique - Edition de fichier (avancé). Mais cela vaut la peine de le faire lentement et prudemment. La plupart des paramètres “Démarrage automatique” sont masqués. (fr)
Cependant, les commandes pour rendre les programmes cachés visibles - malheureusement, je ne les passerai pas, car cela peut causer des problèmes dans le système. (fr)

1 Like