Cannot edit conky after clicking in context menu, and odd right-click on conky for context menu

To edit conkys, I go to Conky Widget Manager.

  1. In the past, right-clicking was enough to open the respective context menu, but not anymore :(( Now, I need to double click. Is this normal? With just one click, the root menu shows up when I click INSIDE a conky. The running action (left click) goes ok on conkys.
  2. And I have another issue. After opening the conky context menu, I click in Edit conky, but then I get a failure message because the right application was not found (!)

Please, any advice is very welcome!

This action uses editor, not terminal. I believe it is hardcoded to Geany.

Even though, Geany is not opening it. I have it installed and use it regularly :wink:

Which file do I need to check in order which app is the one being called?

Hi @lobaluna

The latest conky has a bug. You can or downgrade to previous version

or

I posted a issue on github, but I don’t know how quick this will be fixed.

In the meanwhile I create a patch conky-patch-mabox.git.

Hope this helps for the time being.

Thanks!

I didnt relate correctly the forum post because I hardly get the tech details XD

Ill do my best to follow your instructions.

I followed what you sugest in Conky desktop widgets swallow/misroute clicks — root cause found + fix ready - #2 by muzqs

I can see the context menu as usual, but unfortunately, I still see the same error message when I try to Edit the conky file.

There is now a patched conky in the mabox repo. Use that one for Mabox.

yay conky
2 maboxlinux/conky 1.24.2-2 (1.1 MiB 2.9 MiB) (Installed)

After installation you probably need to restart conky.

Funny thing, I do not have that package, although maboxlinux repo is active…
I will do some digging to find out what is happening.

UPDATE: needed to update the whole databases. Sorry. Now I see the package.

I removed the Solution tag because I still have the same error message.
Both the system-wide conkyrc and $HOME/conkyrc are empty!
…
But on major thinking, maybe it’s the jgmenu configuration what it is failing…

mb-reset conky

And you sure you have the mabox conky installed.

The conkyrc location is

~/.config/conky/*.conkyrc