Show your desktop - March 2021

even with openshot , blender , filemanger , terminal and alot more i dont even have 1gb of ram itrs amazing :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Playing with rounded corners: openbox-patched from AUR i have tested but it is not compatible anymore there is a conflict and it want to deleted openbox :sweat:

Sure, you can’t have both installed at the same time.
Just install normal openbox if you need it back - it will replace openbox-patched.

yay openbox

i have the corners running , my mabox running like a charme , the computer here is 10 years old , however it have 4gb nvidia on board , 4cores , athlon and 16 gb of ram , everything in this computer is allready 10 years old and still running , this pc is always online , it nevers go out .

2021-03-09-19-53

3 Likes

With openbox-patched!
Rounded corners on windows and menus!

3 Likes

ReactOS in VirtualBox.

2 Likes

My old athlon pc 10 years old but now with 2 screens . however it have nvidia 4gb , 16 gb ram , and 4 cores , and it is still running very fast . i love amd athlon , i even have one running with amikit - amiga direct from a 80gb harddrive , so no emulation . i even run amiga os 4.1 i love the old stuff.

Mabox-2021-03-14-16-07-1615734465
ap jpg

5 Likes

Hallo, Darkarch

How created the dock placed on bottom of your screen, please ?! Guillaume.

the dock on my pc is plank , download it with pamac or yay plank .
if you run in for the first time plank is always at the bottom , you can search for more themes and ect .
if you wanna start plank automatic , look at this post
Plank example and autostart manual - #2 by napcok :partying_face:

Thanks for your quickly answer.

I start ! This is Mabox Desktop. Is this a test version with the translation in french of Conky.

DESKTOP_MB

5 Likes

First try at Polybar (top bar) and font awesome.

4 Likes

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

1970’s neuclear power plant control center? :wink:

The technical control room at CERN :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I was half right… Eventually, it is from the 70’s (Feb 1970) and it’s a power distribution control center!
Wow, I did not know CERN was actually founded in 1954!
Amazing photo :clap:

Mabox and LXDE experiment :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe you could do also something with a tiling window manager? :slight_smile:

I don’t think so :slight_smile:
I’m not a fan of tiling window managers at all.

I work a lot on the command line, usually with many terminals, and I definitely prefer Terminator.

I like it simple. Always liked KDE based Apps I don’t know give me the macOS vibes alongside with Openbox It’s just perfect!
So basically I’m using KDE enviroment, If it cause problem with showing icons in Dolphin File Manager for example add

QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt5ct

to /etc/environment

Also like the following icon set which further enhance the macOS vibes OS Catalina Iconset

And finally, Old school Apple font smoothing fonts.conf which I have stored from back in the days of Crunchbang to whomever remember, here the local.conf for anyone interested:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
 <match target="font" >
  <edit mode="assign" name="autohint" >
   <bool>true</bool>
  </edit>
 </match>
 <match target="font" >
  <edit mode="assign" name="rgba" >
   <const>none</const>
  </edit>