No touchpad

Technical Issues and Assistance

Hello, i have purchased a used Lenovo Ideapad 3 (red). I have installled Mabox linux and see that i have no touchpad. I have gone to Right Menu, Look & Feel, Mouse & Keyboard and see no options for Touchpad so maybe it wasn’t detected. Is there a package or update that i need to do? Mabox is very different from my previous Linux distro’s so i am not an expert on this. Thanks for any help

Hello there . One question: did you get your Ideapad laptop touchpad detected while using Mabox live usb before you installed it ? Or did you noticed that your touchpad was not detected just after installing Mabox? … For this also happened with Ubuntu users using this Ideapad Lenovo model and Ideapad 5… so I would recommend you to have a look at this link and consider the last suggestions editing GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line & rebooting.

1 Like

Should the problem still exist, insert into /etc/default/grub
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet i8042.nopnp=1 pci=nocrs udev.log_priority=3”
then grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg and reboot.

Thanks, I’ll look at it. I didn’t notice it not working when i booted live, but noticed it the other day when i didn’t have a mouse hooked up. i ordered another mouse just for this one. I’ll check out the link, thanks