Can't update

For the last 4 or 5 days I’ve been trying to update Mabox, both with the GUI and the terminal, and been unable to do so. The GUI shows me a message saying the database is “invalid or corrupted”, and through the terminal I’m being “unable to sync to all databases”. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you all in advance. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you post output from terminal?

sudo pacman -Syyu

or

yay

Of course.

$ sudo pacman -Syyu
error: GPGME error: No data
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 maboxlinux                                                     14.5 KiB  8.92 KiB/s 00:02 [#####################################################] 100%
 core                                                          169.2 KiB   478 KiB/s 00:00 [#####################################################] 100%
 extra                                                        1920.5 KiB   988 KiB/s 00:02 [#####################################################] 100%
 community                                                       6.8 MiB  1249 KiB/s 00:06 [#####################################################] 100%
 multilib                                                      176.4 KiB   564 KiB/s 00:00 [#####################################################] 100%
error: failed to synchronize all databases (unexpected error)

$ yay -Syyu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 maboxlinux                                                     14.5 KiB  8.33 KiB/s 00:02 [#####################################################] 100%
 core                                                          169.2 KiB   442 KiB/s 00:00 [#####################################################] 100%
 extra                                                        1920.5 KiB  1210 KiB/s 00:02 [#####################################################] 100%
 community                                                       6.8 MiB  1039 KiB/s 00:07 [#####################################################] 100%
 multilib                                                      176.4 KiB  2.00 MiB/s 00:00 [#####################################################] 100%
error: failed to synchronize all databases (unexpected error)
 -> error installing repo packages

Hi @bernyjb

Did you try refreshing the database?

Try to renew GPG keys first.
Right Sidepanel ctrl+super+Right → Renew keys

This is also worth to have bookmarked :slight_smile:
Pacman_troubleshooting

1 Like

Nope, I tried both ways, it didn’t work. I’m trying the Pacman troubleshooting instructions now…

1 Like